Call +44-800-046-5700 (UK)
1) INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE: McAfee-support.co.uk" is the sole owner of the information collected through the web site/phone/e-mail. We will not sell or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this policy. McAfee-support.co.uk" collects information from the users at several different points through our toolbar.
- i) Subscriber Computer:We may also ask for information related to your computer. This may include: information about the date of purchase of your computer, type of computer, identification number of your computer, make and model of your computer and/or any computer hardware, software or peripherals attached to it, condition of the computer, system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations, and error tracking files. Generally, this information is required to provide personalized technical support to you, and to help us update our support tools and enhance our supported products list.
- ii) Remote Access:While requesting support you may request for the problem to be resolved by taking control of your computer.McAfee-support.co.uk" uses qualified tools which allow user to grant control of user computer to an Expert remotely over the Internet, so that the Expert can diagnose or correct problems. Experts are not allowed to use the Remote Access software until and unless they have received adequate training in its use, and user have consented to grant control. In addition, Experts will not use Remote Access tools to obtain confidential or sensitive information stored on user computer or network, deliberately destroy information on user computer or network, or cause user to experience system problems.
- iii) Diagnostic Tool: Some McAfee-support.co.uk" online diagnoses application may collect a wide variety of useful information about the state of a computer system and the applications on it. This information is packaged into a document containing all the essential details needed by McAfee-support.co.uk" and is sent securely over the Internet to the McAfee-support.co.uk" server or a third party server appointed byMcAfee-support.co.uk". McAfee-support.co.uk" analyzes this information to help diagnose and solve end-user problems. Information collected by theMcAfee-support.co.uk"application will not contain any sensitive information such as Web sites visited, e-mail messages, e-mail addresses sent to, passwords, profiles, etc.
- i) Children's Online Policy:No part of our website is structured to attract anyone under the age of 13. Consistent with the Children's Online privacy Protection Act, we do not collect or maintain information at our website from or sell products to those we actually know are under the age of 13. Please ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using our services if you are under the age of 13.
- a) Special Offers:We send all new members a welcoming e-mail to verify password and logon name. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and newsletters.
- b) Correction/Updating Personal Information:If User personally identifiable information changes (such as user zip code), or if User no longer desire the Service, we will Endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove User personal data provided to us. This can be done at the Profile page.
- d) Opt-out Provision:Customers may prevent their information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by emailing us at support@McAfee-support.co.uk".com
2) SECURITY: This Web site takes every precaution to protect information of users. When user submits sensitive information via the Web site, user information is protected both on-line and off-line. When our registration form asks User to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), the information is encrypted and is protected with the best of the encryption software. While on a secure page, such as our registration form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when User is just 'surfing'. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our customers' information is protected. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment. In situations that are required by law, we may disclose some information about our users to law-enforcing officers.
(3) SUPPLEMENTATION OF INFORMATION: In order for this toolbar to properly fulfill its obligation to our customers, it is necessary for us to supplement the information we receive with information from Third party sources. For example, to determine our user's creditworthiness, we may use their name and other related information to request a credit report. Once we determine user creditworthiness, this document is destroyed.
mcafee-support.co.uk is an independent software technical support service provider for a large variety of third party products, brands and services. Any use of Trademarks, Brands, Products and Services is referential and mcafee-support.co.uk has no affiliation with any of these third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. The services we offer may also be available on the brand owners' websites.websites. mcafee-support.co.uk is independent provider of remote tech support services for software, hardware, and peripherals. We are unique because we have expertise in products from a wide variety of third party companies. We have no affiliation with any of these third party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. For permitted use and specific warranties associated with the software, hardware, and peripherals, please contact the relevant third party. We are not responsible for third party Content provided on or through the Site and you bear all risks associated with the use of such third party Content, products and services. Our support staff are Certified Technicians but do not necessarily hold any certifications from any third party unless expressly specified.